HeART Class (Art Therapy)
Art therapy is an expansion of our counselling services as we offer an alternative to clinical counselling. HeART Class is a non-threatening means to provide intervention for students from low-income and disadvantaged families (divorced, parents with chronic illnesses) to manage their emotions and behaviour as they go through tumultuous periods in their lives and process the trauma they have experienced.
Students in our centre report suffering from:
- Anger-management issues
- Suicide ideation
Through HeART Class, we will:
- Address emotional and behavioural issues that children and youths face when they face difficulties at home and learn how to resolve conflict.
- Provide students with an outlet for self-expression and space to process what they are going through by exploring their emotions, so that they can grow in self-awareness.
- Spark creativity in students so that they can learn to tap on their resources for problem-solving, reducing their anxiety, increasing their sense of empowerment, and helping them to re-interpret their problems in a more positive light.
- Allow students to accumulate positive emotions and increase their self-esteem
- Develop interest in healthier hobbies
- Increase resilience as students develop relationships with others who have experienced similar situations through group therapy.
- Rebuild students’ social skills and improve their self-esteem as their relationships with others improve.